Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas

This is our first year we haven't done a Christmas Letter and it kind of makes me sad.  To be honest, we don't even have a good family photo to use, but hopefully that will change soon as we recently purchased a deluxe camera!

As I look back over the year, I realize most of our year was filled with learning how to parent and care for our sweet, but spirited Naomi!  She sure keeps us on our toes as she is constantly learning and exploring the world around her.  I am fortunate enough to stay home with her and focus my time and energy on the homefront!  I do work a few hours per week doing bookkeeping and property management for my dad which helps our pocketbook.

Ben is still working for EKSH as a Senior Auditor and can finally claim those three letters, CPA!  He officially passed his fourth and final test last month after almost a year of studying.  I honestly forgot what it was like to have Ben home in the evenings and I love it!  We sure missed him while he was studying so hard, but we are thankful he passed and that chapter is over!

We are still basement dwellers and will probably be until Spring.  Ben and I are going to South Africa for over two weeks in April and plan on doing some house hunting upon our return.  Of course, if something amazing comes up before then, we'd be open to that as well.   

On a sad note, Ben and I both lost our grandmothers this year.  It was hard saying goodbye to them, but we know they both are walking with their Lord! 

We are spending Christmas with the Hamilton's in Tennessee this year.  Katie is expecting a little boy and is due at the beginning of February.  It was best for her not to travel, so we decided to go have a Tennessee Christmas.  I am really excited as this will be my first Christmas outside of Denver!  I am also excited for Naomi to spend the whole week with her cousin Emily Grace who just turned 2!


Here are some pictures from 2010:

January- First ER visit
January-Swimming with Ben

January- Fish Creek Falls, Steamboat
February-Still small enough to fit inside a bucket
March 22, 2010- Happy 1st Birthday Naomi!

April- Being goofy with Ben

May- Naomi was invited to her first Birthday Party
June - Naomi's friend Elyse and her family moved in with us for a couple of months.  We miss them.

July- Loves Summer!

August- Western Welcome Week Parade

September- Ava's Fairy Birthday Party


October- Halloween
November- Naomi learning where real food comes from
  
December 2010, Ben and Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment